Need a last minute appetizer or snack for a New Years Eve get together? Or maybe a football watch party? These take less than five minutes to whip together and only 20 minutes to bake. That said I feel I must warn you that they are extremely addicting.
These firecracker cheez-its are AMAZING. I’ve made these a few times before but really upped the game with these. The combo of regular and white cheddar Cheez-its
was intentional came from the fact that I had two half eaten boxes sitting around, BUT I think it truly adds to the flavor and definitely the appearance. The real secret, however, was a very last minute hmm maybe this will work idea. Here it is: right before popping these delicious crackers into the oven sprinkle a little bit of brown sugar on the top of these crackers. Trust me, you won’t regret it!
Speaking of firecrackers. Last year in another hmm maybe this will work idea I bought a couple of confetti poppers from the target dollar spot. At 10pm New Years Eve the kiddo and I watched the ball drop on tv – popped some confetti and I became an instant hero. I’m sure it’ll surprise no one that I am still finding pieces of confetti around my house, and yesterday the kiddo asked if we can do that again! Uh no. These are the closest thing we’re getting to firecrackers this year, sorry bud.
Spicy Ranch Baked Cheese Crackers
- 13 oz cheese crackers (I used half regular and half white cheddar Cheez-its)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 package ranch dressing or dip mix
- 3-5 tsp red pepper flakes (3 was plenty spicy for me)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (optional for sprinkling)
- Preheat oven to 250°
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out the cheese crackers on top.
- In a bowl (or a liquid measure) add the oil, ranch packet, and red pepper flakes. Mix well.
- Drizzle the mixture on top of the cheese crackers. Using a spatula mix the crackers to ensure equal coating.
- Optional: sprinkle the brown sugar over the crackers
- Bake at 250° for 15-20 minutes.
- Once cool place in an airtight container and enjoy!